The Sd Kfz 7 (Mittlerer Zugkraftwagen 8t) was the main medium halftrack/tractor of the German Army. It was designed by Krauss-Maffei AG of Muenchen-Allach and was produced by Krauss-Maffei of Munich, Borgward of Bremen, Buessing-NAG of Berlin, Daimler-Benz of Berlin, and later by Saurer Werke AG of Vienna and Italian Breda.
Two of the variations on the basic model used during the war were the Sd Kfz 7/1 mounting the 2cm Flakvierling 38 (Quad 2cm) and the Sd Kfz 7/2 fitted with the 3.7cm FlaK 36.
The Flakvierling mounted four 2cm Flak 38 guns and had a maximum rate of fire of 1800 rounds per minute. Though intended for anti-aircraft use, it was also effective against ground targets. The guns could be traversed 360 degrees by hand and elevated from -10 to +100 degrees.
The crew was composed of ten men: the commander, eight gunners and a driver. The vehicle carried 600 rounds of 2cm ammunition. An additional 1,800 rounds was stored in a special single-axle trailer.
The first 100 vehicles were produced from April 1940 to mid 1941 and continued at a rate of ten per month until August 1942. Production was then increased and 750 to 800 vehicles were produced by December 1944.
They were issued to both Luftwaffe and Wehrmacht FlaK units.
The German Sd Kfz 7/1 (Quad 2cm) blister contains a single German Sd Kfz 7/1 model.
Free worldwide delivery on all Flames of War.
Adding non-Flames of War items to an order that includes Flames of War items will incur a postage charge but you will only be billed for delivery of these additional items.