Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf H entered production in April of 1943 as the ninth variant of Panzerkampfwagen IV tank family. Designated Sd Kfz 161/2 it was produced between April 1943 and July 1944 when it was replaced by the Ausf J.
It was the most produced of all the Panzer IV variants with 2,774 tanks produced and another 30 hulls being used for early StuG IVs and 130 for Brummbärs. It was produced by Krupp-Gruson AG in Magdeburg, Vomag AG in Plauen and Nibelungenwerke AG in St.Valentin.
The Panzer IV H was basically a late model Ausf G with six-speed Zahnradfabrik ZF SSG76 transmission. Another modification to take place during production in June 1943 was to increase the front armour from 50mm with an additional 30mm plate, to a one-piece 80mm plate on the front hull and superstructure.
Additional modifications included the removal of side superstructure visor ports (June 1943), application of Zimmerit paste (September 1943), modifications to the suspension (September-November 1943), air filters, a new commander's cupola and anti-aircraft MG34 cupola mount (Fliegerbeschussgerat).
The German Panzer IV H Platoon contains:
- 5 x individually sculpted Panzer IV H tanks
- 5 x tank commanders
- German stowage
- 10 x rare earth magnets
- Panzer IV decal sheet
Free worldwide delivery on all Flames of War.
Adding non-Flames of War items to an order that includes Flames of War items will incur a postage charge but you will only be billed for delivery of these additional items.
- New Eldar now available to pre-order
- Warhammer High Elves now on pre-order
- MtG Dragon's Maze now available to pre-order
- Availability of new Warhammer 40,000 Tau Empire
- New Tau Empire now on pre-order
- Relic boardgame available to pre-order